Safety & Quality
WORK SITE SAFETY AND QUALITY RESULTS
There are two main aspects to Maverick’s approach to Safety. While on your site, Maverick technicians will work to ensure the safety of themselves and others. In addition, through the quality and capabilities of our services, we are committed to improving the safety and reliability of our clients.
MAVERICK IS DEDICATED TO WORK SITE SAFETY
First, Maverick is dedicated to the Health and Safety of Maverick’s technicians, clients, the public, and all others associated with the work sites and scopes we visit. We have provided services on facilities with unique hazards for decades, and with our industrial and municipal clients we have developed a strong safety culture.
Our responsibilities and commitments are set down in writing in our Safety Policy. We do not believe that site access and vendor prequalifications are only paper trails. We have internalized and embodied the level of Safety Program needed to access all manner of sites across Western Canada such as:
- Safe Work Procedures and Task Analyses
- Specific Policies Governing Fitness for Work and Other Behaviours and Activities
- Pre-job Hazard Assessments
- Hazard Controls
- Internal and External Audits
- Training Including WHMIS, Confined Space, Fall Arrest, TDG, CSTS, First Aid, H2S, and many more
- Emergency Response Plans
- Daily Morning Safety (Tailgate) Meetings Prior to Mobilization
- Regular Safety Review Meetings
- Incident Reporting & Investigation
- Equipment Inspection, Maintenance, Reporting & Repair
- Maintaining Third-party Compliance Databases
Even beyond the administrative controls, we foster an attitude of awareness and accountability. From defensive driving to identifying hazards due to changes in job scopes and conditions, our technicians understand that all of the safety programs in the world cannot replace being observant and diligent.
MAVERICK IS DEDICATED TO QUALITY
The results Maverick provides are used for avoiding utilities and other subsurface facilities during a wide range of ground disturbances such as the drilling of environmental boreholes or pipeline right-of-way construction. These even include mapping out features such as conduits and post-tensioned cables before concrete is cut or core. Maverick provides subsurface data to engineers and geoscientists prior to critical crane lifts. Our video technicians deploy CSA Rated Explosion-Proof systems into hazardous environments to image internal conditions.
In order to maintain the required level of quality a rigorous and comprehensive Quality Program is in place. It includes elements such as:
- Training and mentoring of all technicians under senior personnel for at least one year
- Inspection and calibration of equipment by a qualified electronic technologist
- Maintaining a large selection of inspection systems in-house so the right tools are available
- Establishing consistent and reliable methods of communicating with clients and coworkers
- Auditing of data and reports by senior personnel for accuracy and consistency