Archaeological and Forensic Applications
From First Nations Sites to Cemeteries, Pipelines, and the Battlefields of WWII
Our Subsurface Investigation Team has the Expertise and Technology
Burials, artefacts, and other cultural and archaeological finds are sensitive and valuable. Ground-penetrating Radar and other subsurface investigation and mapping tools help stakeholders carefully and diligently preserve sites. Maverick has worked across Canada and globally on locations ranging from tundra to tropical islands, and on scopes ranging from locating a single grave site to mapping entire areas.
SOME OF THE PROJECTS MAVERICK HAS BEEN INVOLVED WITH
- Working closely with cemeteries in order to update their records, and maximize their use of space without disturbing older unmarked graves.
- Working with archaeologists to locate building foundations and other targets of archaeological interest during pre-construction phases of oilfield projects.
- Working with municipalities and First Nations to map out burials prior to development projects.
- Providing information to various policing agencies regarding the use of Ground-penetrating Radar for locating objects ranging from stolen goods to murder weapons and missing persons.
- Performing consulting work on documentary films, and including direct on-set involvement and in pre-production planning.
- Working with non-profit organizations to locate WWII individual and mass graves for repatriation of remains.
- Mapping out potential meteor impact craters.
Maverick Brings Different Technologies Together to Provide Results
In addition to multiple radar wavelengths, Maverick provides post-processing and software analysis, accurate positioning through Real-time Kinematic systems, aerial drone imagery, and custom data presentation and reporting. If required, additional remote sensing technologies can be deployed, such as magnetometry and electromagnetic detection and profiling.
Would you like more information?
Contact us and we will discuss your site and project with you. We can use our experience to determine the best fit for your job scope, budget and timeline.