Power Generation Applications
Boilers, Turbines, Steam Systems & More
Maverick Inspection Ltd. has been active in the Power Generating Industry since 1994. We have used our cameras to internally inspect remove objects from all sorts of systems. We even created a custom platform and method of assembling complex inspection robotics inside of power generation steam headers through a 3 3/8″ handhole completely by feel with no visual assistance. There is virtually no aspect of power generating facilities that we have not covered with our Remote Video camera systems.
MAVERICK HAS WORKED IN A WIDE VARIETY OF GENERATION FACILITIES
- Co-generation Sites
- Power Plants
- Power Storages
- Hydro Electric
Maverick’s Remote Video Inspection (RVI or CCTV Inspection) Department maintains a large inventory of equipment to cover the widest ranges of applications. In addition, our Research & Development and custom fabrication capabilities are especially useful for tackling the unusual situations encountered Please visit our RVI Video & Imagery Gallery page to view digital images and video footage of Video Inspection applications.
HOW IS RVI USED BY POWER GENERATION FACILITIES?
- Maverick works with turbine teams during shutdowns to inspect piping for foreign objects and debris, often performing retrievals.
- Maverick uses small diameter video systems to inspect turbine blades for signs of damage and wear.
- Maverick inspects steam piping and related systems for signs of erosion, cracking, scale, pitting and other conditions.
- Maverick uses pipe cameras and video scopes to gather data in boiler tubes and exchanger tubes
- Maverick inspects conduit ducts to determine internal conditions and obstacles for running cables
- Maverick can drop cameras into reservoirs and inspect water piping with robotic crawlers
- Maverick performs tubesheet and shell-side inspections on exchanger tube bundles
- Maverick can laser profile small and large diameter piping to accurately measure pipe true internal diameter, quantify buildup, percentages of the roundness of pipe and many more measurements
Our Remote Video Inspection Department is complemented by Laser Profiling, Ground Penetrating Radar and Infrared Thermography. We service remote sites and the major centres such as Edmonton, Calgary, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Fort McMurray, the Oil Sands and all of Western Canada.
WHERE IS RVI USED IN THE POWER GENERATION INDUSTRY?
- Steam Headers
- Gas & Steam Turbines
- Compressors & Pumps
- Pressure Vessels
- Steam & Mud Drums
- Super Heaters
- Power Systems & Rotating Equipment
- Pipelines & Small Piping
- Furnace & Boiler Tubes
- Cooling Water Systems
- Lube Oil Lines
- Electrical Conduits